On this page you will find many kitchen tips from my eight year old daughter, Ryan. She loves to help me cook and she thought it would be a great addition to our blog if we included kitchen tips. I told her that if she came up with some tips I would find a place to post them. She quickly sat down with a pen and paper and began writing! As she comes up with more kitchen tips we will add them to the list. These are all safety tips she has learned while cooking at home, watching her favorite cooking shows, and/or cooking with friends! As she comes up with more we will make the list even longer.
- Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
- Always wash everything that contacts raw chicken or raw eggs.
- Be very careful around hot areas.
- Always be careful while using a knife.
- Be sure to have a clean cooking space.
- Make sure to cook chicken all the way.
- Measure your ingredients well.
- Clean up your area after each step in the recipe.
- Read the recipe carefully.
- Ask for help if you need it.